Plugin Boutique has introduced Halo Downmix, a plugin by Nugen Audio for downmixing 5.1 or 7.1 mixes to stereo.
Halo Downmix provides a highly creative solution for precise downmixing of feature-film or 5.1 mixes to stereo. Intuitive, visual controls for relative levels, timing, and direct vs. ambient sound balance allow uprecedented fine-tuning, delivering accurate downmixes that are no longer limited by typical in-the-box coefficients-based processes.
A standard downmix is usually generated by simply mixing together the surround output according to standard downmix coefficients, however, this can often lead to unsatisfactory results, particularly if legacy upmix practices have been used to generate the original surround mix. Halo Downmix can be quickly employed to mitigate these issues eg. controlling excessive diffuse sound from added artificial reverberation, or removal of delay artefacts introduced in the rear channels.
Halo Downmix can be quickly deployed to produce a more controlled, coherent stereo mix.
Halo Downmix features
- Downmix 7.1 and 5.1 to Stereo.
- Control excess ambient sound from rear channels.
- Maintain dialog level with phantom center ratio controls.
- Regulate low frequencies for appropriate levels in downmix.
- Finely adjust existing surround recordings.
- Remove rear channel timing discrepancies introduced by legacy upmix practices.
Halo Downmix for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available from Plugin Boutique at a 33% discount until June 30th.