Holderness Media has announced the release of Caramel, a highly playable distortion, crusher and fattener effect processor for iPad.
Designed for use with the Audiobus app and USB audio interfaces, Caramel lets you easily add grit, punch and character to input sources such as drums, synth, bass and guitar. Create punchy distorted drum sounds and basslines, colorful lo-fi digital distortion and more.
Caramel also works as an Inter-app Audio effect inside hosts such as AudioShare, Auria, Cubasis and Apple’s own Garageband. Caramel supports Core MIDI for controlling the effect parameters with your favorite MIDI controllers.
- Great for adding punch, grit and sonic character to drums, bass and synths with ease.
- Compatible with USB audio interfaces such as the Apogee Jam, One, Duet and many more.
- Crunch, Crush, Girth, Sizzle and Bite parameters for shaping your distortion tone.
- Girth parameter adds subtle to punishing low end boost to drums and bass.
- Independent left and right channel effects engines can be linked or controlled independently for interesting stereo distortion.
- Use Caramel as an effect inside Garageband, Auria, Cubasis, and AudioShare using Audiobus or Inter-app audio.
- Supports new Audiobus 2 state saving feature for full parameter recall via Audiobus presets.
- Supports Core MIDI, Virtual MIDI and Network MIDI, plus MIDI learn for easily mapping your favorite controller to Caramel’s effect parameters.
- Two distinct modes: Perform and Tweak.
- Playable presets, allowing for interesting sonic experimentation on the fly.
- Several stereo output modes including Normal Stereo, Wide Stereo and Sum To Mono.
Caramel is available for purchase for $4.99 USD at the iTunes AppStore.
More information: Caramel