Hollow Sound has released Shangri La, a new Music Lab Machine sound library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
With 61 samples (one for each note of a 5-octave keyboard), each one is individually editable with tuning, panning and EQ and multi-mode, dual slope filters, two envelopes, a multi-wave LFO, distortion, bit crusher and sample rate reducer before being passed to a comprehensive multi-FX chain comprising chorus, phase shifting, flanger, echo and a convolved reverb with a wide range of custom impulses.
Don’t expect solid basses and soaring leadlines – this is one for abstract soundscapes … or a sound in a regular track that will make people ask “What the hell was that?” as its subtle impact is felt. This really is a sublime soundset for anyone looking for something out of the ordinary.
Shangri La features
- Advanced Retro Synthesis Engine.
- Tibetan bowl samples.
- Each sample individually editable with.
- Multi-wave LFO.
- Multi-mode 2-pole/4-pole filter.
- Two envelope shapers.
- Distortion, bit crusher and sample rate reducer.
- EQ, chorus, phaser, flanger and echo multi-FX.
- Convolved reverb featuring a wide range of impulses.
Shangri La for Kontakt 4.2.3 is available to purchase for $8 USD.