Hollow Sun has announced Cronk-O-Tron, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Cronk-O-tron is part of a new series of ‘MLM Lite’ products I’ll be banging out from time to time for ‘cup of coffee’ prices.
Cronk-O-Tron (as the name suggests) is a cheap and cheerful thing with a dark and crusty old tone. It’s made up of layers of stuff carefully blended to create a vintage/retro kind of strings/voice pad sound – lo-fi and wobbly.
It’s extensively multi-sampled in stereo and each sample was recorded for a minute before having long and luxurious loops applied that allow the sound to ‘breathe’.
- Advanced Retro Synthesis Engine.
- Mysterious lo-fi string/vox samples.
- All-pass filter for tonal modification.
- LFO sweep of filter for phase shifting.
- ‘Crud’ switch creates edgier lo-fi elements.
- Simple envelope shaper.
- Stereo spread control.
- Chorus and stereo/mono echo section.
- Convolved reverb with custom impulses.
The Cronk-O-Tron library is available to purchase for £2.50 GBP.