Homegrown Sounds has released a beta of the an application for Windows and Mac designed to automatically create 16-sample drum kits for MPCs and Ableton Live from folders of samples.
Kit Creator lets you drop up to 16 directories that contain samples and assign which pads they will be used for.
If more than one directory is assigned to the same Pad, one of the directories will be randomly selected. It also randomises each Pad’s Volume, Pan and Release Time with a user defined min/max range.
Kit Creator features
- Up to 16 Directories can be added via drag & drop which are then scanned recursively.
- Each Directory can be assigned to any or even all pads.
- Each directory has its sample order randomised until all have been used, and then they are randomised again.
- Creates a specific number of presets or All mode generates until every sample has been used at least once, all kits will always contain 16 unique samples.
- Creates a random name randomised for a database of 30,000 words.
- Uses template files for the source preset so you can replace with your own so you can have control over every setting beyond what Kit creator changes.
- Exports directly to Ableton Live’s user directories so presets are immediately available.
- Has a Preset System for saving & Reloading Presets.
- Theming System with save & load capaibilities.
- Supports 64-bit Windows and 64-bit Apple M1/Intel.
- Includes PDF manual.
- Requirements: 64-bit Windows or 64-bit Mac (10.13 or later).
- Mac version is Universal Binary & so natively supports M1 or intel.
The software is available to purchase for $19.99 USD for a limited time (regular $34.99 USD).
More information: Homegrown Sounds