Soundiron has announced the release of Rattletines, a new Hopkin Instrumentarium series sound library featuring inspiring and distinctive bespoke, hand-made instruments for Native Instruments Kontakt 6 Player.
Following up on Tines & Echoes, this new sample library is a set of unique hand-crafted tuned percussion instruments created by instrument designer and sound sculptor Bart Hopkin.
These one-of-a-kind kalimba-like instruments each produce their own special flavor of rattle or buzz with every note having its own warmly resonant flavor. Rattletine includes two rows of tines, with the upper tines hammering against “anvils” as they vibrate. The lower row is clean, for a clearer tone quality. Mahogany and Hacksaw Blades both feature tongues with holes punched in them and small pieces of metal wrapped through.
When plucked, the metal wrappings rattle as the tongue vibrates, producing a unique buzzing sound. Aptly named, Hacksaw Blades uses actual hacksaw blades for the tongues. We’ve faithfully sampled tine plucks and percussive hand slaps on the instrument bodies, with two stereo mic positions. While this library works perfect for children’s music, it can also unleash brooding and sinister cascades great for scoring horror soundtracks. We also include a wide selection custom FX presets and lots of our signature sound designed ambient and cinematic content.
- 5 Master presets and 20 Custom Sound-Designed FX and Ambient presets.
- 3 Unique Hand-crafted lamellophones each with 2 mic positions.
- Percussive knock effects, glisses and 8 bonus ambient effects, pads and drones.
- Percussive knock effects and 23 bonus ambient effects, pads and drones.
- 24-bit, 48 kHz Stereo Lossless NCW Format..
- 7,952 Stereo Samples.
- 3.23 GB Installed.
- Made for the free Kontakt Player (version 6+), Komplete Kontrol, all S-Series Keyboards and NKS software and hardware by Native Instruments.
- Works with the Kontakt “Libraries” browser and Native Access.