HoRNet Plugins has announced the release of a new dynamic equalizer effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
HoRNet DynEq is designed to apply a specific equalization curve proportionally to the intensity of the input signal.
This description may sound complicated, but think about how many times you have found a track that had a specific resonance (maybe a bass guitar with ha string louder than the others) and cutting the whole frequency with a standard EQ removed too much, a dynamic EQ applies the filter only when the signal intensity is above a given threshold.
DynEq uses a simple but effective approach to this kind of processing, it provides one parametric band of equalization with the standard controls: frequency, gain and q, with this controls you can filter a specific resonance or increase a given frequency that is lacking in the track, if you need to control more than one band you can simply put one more instance of DynEq after the first one, and so on. We decided to take this simple approach to be able to provide a simple plugin with a few controls that will let you concentrate only on the sound.
HoRNet DynEq features
- One equalizer band with: Frequency, Gain and Q.
- Full band frequency from 20 to 20000 Hz.
- Gain adjustable from -15 to +15 dB.
- Q adjustable from 0.1 to 8.
- Processing speed from 50 to 1500ms.
- Adjustable threshold from 0 to -48dB.
- Automatic speed linked to host tempo.
- Automatic relative threshold.
- Eq listen button.
- Input and sidechain level display.
- Automatic oversampling to guarantee optimal performance.
- Mac OS X (>=10.7 intel only) and Windows (Vista and later) support.
- 64bit compatibility both on Mac and Windows.
- Audio Units, VST, VST3 and AAX format.
DynEq is available for 10.99 EUR.
More information: HoRNet Plugins