HoRNet Plugins has announced the release of Magnus MK2, a major update to the Magnus brickwall limiter effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
Magnus MK2 improves on the limiter stage of the old version adding a third envelope stage and making the limiting effect even more musical while being able to achieve high RMS levels, in addition to the clipper stage that you already know from Magnus.
Separate oversampling is now available for clipper and limiter stage together with improved output metering with RMS, LUFS, dynamic range and meters.
HoRNet also added a handy auto output level option, based on their auto gain algorithm, which allows you to adjust the output based on dBFS, RMS or LUFS level.
Magnus MK2 features
- Clipper stage with hard and soft (analog) modes.
- Brickwall limiter stage with instantaneous attack.
- Separate oversampling option for clipper and limiter.
- Three stage release from 1 to 500ms.
- Auto release mode with sync to song tempo.
- RMS, LUFS and dynamic range output metering.
- Output peak and RMS meters.
- 12 dBs gain reduction meters with peak hold for each stage.
- Automatic output level compensation in dBFS, RMS or LUFS.
- Mac OS X (>=10.6 Intel only) and Windows support.
- 32 and 64-bit compatibility both on Mac and Windows.
- Audio Units VST2.4, VST3 and AAX format.
HoRNet Magnus MK2 is available for purchase for 21.99 EUR. Users of Magnus version 1 can upgrade for 4.99 EUR.
More information: HoRNet Plugins / Magnus MK2