HoRNet Plugins has announced the release of SongKey MKII, a plug-in that builds upon the original SongKey, improving the key detection functionality and adding realtime chord detection. SongKey is packaged with a new GUI and also adds AAX support for Pro Tools.
HoRNet SongKey MKII is a key detector, SongKey MKII works in real time analyzing a polyphonic audio stream (usually a song) and thanks to some advanced artificial intelligence algorithms identifies in which key the song is composed, SongKey MKII also tracks key changes during the song,
Since the brain inside SongKey MKII tries to “guess” the correct key, the three more probable keys are shown together with a confidence level for each key. SongKey MKII also displays a “note profile” for the song showing which notes are played the most.
SongKey MKII also analyzes the song as it progress and displays the current chord that is being played, a time window is used to identify chord changes and a different IA algorithm is applied to the note profile.
SongKey MKII features
- Artificial Intelligence driven key identification that follow key changes.
- Real-time chord detection.
- Confidence display for each found key.
- Average and Real-Time note profile display.
- Mac OS X (>=10.5 Intel only) and Windows support.
- 64-bit compatibility both on Mac and Windows.
- Audio Units VST2.4, VST3, RTAS and AAX format.
SongKey MKII for Windows and Mac is available for purchase for 10.99 EUR. Owners of the original SongKey can upgrade for 0.99 EUR.