HV Synth Design has announced the release of Total Trumpet, a virtual trumpet instrument for Windows PC.
Total Trumpet features very realistic trumpet sounds. What’s more: you can tweak the sounds in a way that they come close to Miles Davis and Chest Baker. Futher more I have implemented a mute section, a wah-wah section and a section where you can choose up to 4 voices + a knob for stereo spread.
Total Trumpet features
- Breath Pressure: via midilearn you can choose the CC you prefer. Here you can also set a threshold for more or less breath pressure.
- Attack for ‘blowing’ explosive attacks.
- Player Lips. Sometimes the lips are audible, a kind of short thrill. There are two knobs: Amount (midilearn) and duration of the lip thrill.
- Instability (long notes have always some instability).
- Attack noise: this also causes some instability when you play long notes.
- Flutter Tongue – this is done with a rapid up and down movement of the tongue (midilearn).
- Portamento : you can choose between midilearn and velocity.
- Timbre: you can select two timbres or the Harmon mute.
- Note-to-note transition. When the note-to-note transition is audible (legato), then this is also imperfect playing, Pressing a piston, when another one is not released in time.
- Damping: with this knob you can alter the bore structure, and so alter the timbre (midilearn).
- 4 stage EQ.
- Harmonics. With this knob you can add lots of extra harmonics.
- Pitch and amplitude vibrato via aftertouch or midilearn.
- Overblowing has to be done with the Pitch Wheel. Overblowing a trumpet while you start on a C, than you hear always the harmonic serie C E G Bb (C) But when you alter the bore (Damping), you get other series and effects.
- Muting (Mute1 and Mute2), and midi learn for creating ‘moving’ mutes.
- Stem for making the famous wah-wah effect on the Harmon mute.
- Voices. Here here you can select the number of voices. There is also a knob for stereo spread.
Total Trumpet is available to purchase as a VST instrument for Windows PC for $79 USD.