HyVibe Audio has announced that it is showing its HyVibe Guitar at the 2018 NAMM Show in Anaheim, CA from January 25-28.
The world’s first smart acoustic guitar uses a proprietary vibration technology and a wireless Bluetooth connection to become its own connected speaker, multi-effect processor, recorder, and amplifier, without all the cables, amps, or pedals.
“Acoustic guitar players have high standards for natural sound, but also want the features and flexibility of digital,” said Dr. Adrien Mamou-Mani. “We address these needs by using the natural vibration of the guitar to create the best possible sounds and add digital control and connectivity to give the player effects, recording, and playback – all within the guitar itself.”
What is a Smart Acoustic Guitar?
The HyVibe Guitar begins with a solid AA spruce top for the best natural vibrations and custom-built specs for the ultimate in playability. HyVibe then introduces their proprietary algorithms and multiple actuators to transform the natural vibrations of the guitar from the top plate, by the bridge where the instrument performs best to add high quality effects.
Digital recording and looping features are included for convenient songwriting, performing, and practice. Finally, wireless Bluetooth technology is embedded as well as an Android and iOS App, connecting the guitar, and it’s player to the world.
Musicians have been songwriting, recording and performing with prototype HyVibe Guitars since 2011, providing valuable feedback from real-world use.
“Based on years of research, our technology fuses the world of acoustics and digital in a way that has never been done before. Since we excite our guitar by the bridge, the origin of the digital sound is practically the same as the natural excitation by the strings. When the live sound, the effects, and the backing tracks are all coming from the guitar itself, it’s a unique experience that the player can really feel,” added Dr. Mamou-Mani.
HyVibe Guitar features
- A responsive and dynamic acoustic guitar built with a solid AA spruce top and excellent craftsmanship, natural feel and a rich range of tones.
- Multi-effects from the body of the guitar: chorus, reverb, delay, distortion, phaser, tremolo, boost and more.
- Mobile App Control for Android and iOS: change the effects on the guitar, share effect setting, and recording with friends & the world.
- Record, loop and share instantly.
- Bluetooth connectivity: use the body of the guitar as a speaker for backing tracks or song playback.
- Output and input jacks to connect to an external amplifier or connect pedals.
- Built-in tuner, metronome, and EQ.
The HyVibe Guitar is available for pre-order on Indiegogo, starting at $549 USD, plus shipping.
More information: HyVibe Audio