Ian Boddy has released Drumalogue, the third sample library in the Waveforms series from Something Else Music Limited.
This is a library of 1,000 analogue drum, percussion and one-shot hits. However these are not taken from vintage drum machines (of which there is already plenty of content available elsewhere) but rather all the sounds are hand crafted by Boddy on vintage analogue synths and modular systems.
They run the full gamut from thunderous bass drums, crisp snares & hats through to abstract synth hits & FX and even weird glitchy & industrial sounds.
The sounds are a mixture of mono and stereo samples and some have genuine analogue effects printed on them from spring reverbs, bucket brigade delays and phaser/flangers. This all adds up to a cornucopia of drum and percussion sounds that can be used in virtually any style of production.
- 1,000 samples at 44.1Khz, 24 bit in WAV format.
- Mixture of stereo & mono samples.
- Raw audio recorded from the following analogue synthesisers: Roland System 100-M, Analogue Systems, Doepfer A-100, Analogue Solutions, Livewire AFG, VCS3, Minimoog, Metasonix TM-2 tube BP filter.
- Recorded directly into Apple Mac using RME Fireface 400 audio interface.
- Samples edited in Bias Peak Pro 5.
- Native Instruments Kontakt 2 support provided.
Drumalogue is available for purchase from selected distributors for £24.95 GBP.
Visit the Time+Space website for more information and audio demos.