Luis Martínez of LumBeat has launched iBassist, a virtual bass instrument for iOS.
iBassist turns your iPad into a versatile bass player to jam or compose anywhere and create grooves for installed drum apps, so the jam enters a new level.
Additionally, it sends progression chords by MIDI, so you can have any synth/piano on the background and a proper band jamming instantly.
Bass lines are based in degrees, so you can apply any chord progression to any bass line. A valuable tool to apply different bass grooves to your songs. The jam tool brings musical variations and new ideas on the way.
- Easy to use Chord Progression editor, choose key notes with harmony by steps, MIDI detection or randomizing.
- 10 Round Robin sampled natural bass sounds.
- Different styles and colors, from Modern Finger Bass, to warm Double Bass.
- Live Pads to play live sessions with 8 assignable pads for Line-Progression-Jam, and change between them by MIDI.
- Song Mode with option to create drums song structure.
- MIDI export of Bass Line /- Progression – Jam combination or whole song structures.
- Built-in effects: Compressor, Delay, Chorus, Reverb, Parametric EQ.
iBassist is available from the iTunes App Store for $17.99 USD.
More information: LumBeat