Tone2 Audiosoftware has released a public beta of Icarus 1.1, an update for the 3D wavetable synthesizer instrument.
The update includes a reworked user interface, a large number of new features and many enhancements.
Icarus is an exceptionally powerful, new synthesizer with ‘3D wavetable synthesis’. It offers a fresh signature sound, which quickly catches your audiences’ attention. The innovative resynthesis can rebuild any sound with a mouse-click. An easy to use interface and a massive amount of inspiring factory sounds allow you to create professional tracks rapidly and with very low effort.
The sound quality surpasses conventional synths, however you don’t need to own a NASA computer to be able to use Icarus, since it offers the best possible sound quality and low CPU requirement.
Changes in Icarus v1.1 public beta
- New features:
- Drag&Drop support: Drag LFO/ENV and drop it to a knob to create a matrix entry for modulation.
- Right-click on a knob opens a menu where you can assign modulation sources.
- Modualtion depth control on top left of a knob if a source is assigned.
- Sectors on knobs show the modulation amount. Clipping is shown in red.
- Hovering the mouse over a knob shows the current parameter value and modulation source.
- The buttons of OSCs, Filters, LFOs, ENVs, which are inactive are greyed out.
- Responsive GUI with Tooltips.
- New waveform display mode ‘Hypersaw’, which shows the detuning of the oscillators.
- help->Show version info.
- Mouse cursor changes on editing halftones in arp.
- Right click on a knob->reset initializes to the default value.
- Visual feedback if a button in the wavetable editor is pressed.
- TRIG button for the LFO section.
- New sync mode for LFOs ‘Arp/Lfo soft trig’ which retriggers monophonic LFOs after 1 second of silence.
- New sync mode for LFOs ‘Arp/Lfo classic trig’, which allows to set free mode for every LFO individually.
- SEMI knob for the OSC section.
- New matrix target ‘Filter Balance’. It’s usefull to control the relationship of the filter volumes when two filters are routed in parallel.
- Drawing custom shapes with the STEP Lfo is more comfortable.
- Better workflow.
- Enhanced performance of the knobs.
- Parameters are more easy to adjust.
- Patch rankings are only stored when the user clicks on the stars.
- Display mode is now ‘smart’ and tries to auto-detect the right one.
- Polished some graphics.
- Reduced RAM requirement. More instances can be loaded in 32 bit.
- Many other small enhancements for the user interface.
- Quick save is more smart.
- Category is rotating for a more comfortable patch browsing.
- Workaround for buggy hosts which submit duplicate noteOn commands. The Arp does not longer produce hanging note.
- Legato is more easy to setup.
- Drag&Drop of a wav sample to the OSC display can now create a new resynthesized patch.
- LFOs are more smart.
- MONO in the LFO section has been replaced with TRIG.
- On initializing a new patch the default mode is set to ‘Arp/Lfo soft trig’.
- OSC Punch and OSC Keyfollow button have been moved to SETUP.
- Matrix source ‘Filter Env’ sometimes didn’t work.
- Removed a glitch from ‘Alien Spaceship Mac.fxp’.
The public beta is now available for download from the Tone2 forum.