Iceberg Audio has announced an update to The Sub, a virtual instrument dedicated to sub bass.
Version 1.4.3 includes Native M1 support on Mac, fine pitch, velocity sensitivity, and more.
Producers tell us The Sub has become their go-to instrument for sub-bass because it delivers the best sound and focuses on doing one thing incredibly well.
Less is more. Use a refined set of sounds and spend less time tweaking and more time creating music.
Changes in The Sub v1.4.3
- Universal binary supporting M1 and Intel Macs natively (automatically selected).
- +/- 1 semitone fine pitch control.
- Velocity sensitive mode. Sub bass amplitude is difficult to get right in many studios due to the nature of low frequencies. For that reason velocity sensitivity was not included in The Sub before now as each note has been carefully tuned to have the right amplitude. With a wider range of sounds from expansion packs it makes sense to have more control, especially if you use The Sub for full basslines rather than layering with other parts. If you are layering to add depth and want consistent results then it is recommended leaving velocity sensitive disabled.
- The main menu is now neater with all settings moved to a settings screen.
- Various small bug fixes and updates for MacOS Monterey and Windows 11.
Available in VST3 and AU plugin formats, The Sub is currently on sale at Plugin Boutique for $39 USD instead of $59 USD. Bundles with expansion packs are also up to 36% off during the promotion.
More information: Iceberg Audio