iConnectivity has introduced iConnectAUDIO4+, its next-generation audio and MIDI interface for Mac, PC, and iOS.
iConnectAUDIO4+ is a multi-host audio and MIDI interface for MAC, PC, and iOS that combines several of iConnectivity’s innovative technologies in a uniquely flexible device.
iConnectAUDIO4+’s Multi-Host technology supports multiple audio and MIDI peripherals, and also multiple computing devices, all at once. This allows any combination of up to 2 Mac, PC, and iOS devices to share iConnectAUDIO4+’s I/O.
iConnectivity’s multi-host and Audio & MIDI passThru technologies bridge iOS, Macs, and PCs in a professional environment, with many practical applications. Control a virtual instrument (or any music program) on one computer device from another one. Audio and MIDI flow back and forth without extra cables, and with no audio degradation. All the computer devices act like a single integrated machine.
The Host Port is another unique technology. Many peripherals use USB for MIDI I/O, but an iOS device can only access one of them with its single port. The iConnnectAUDIO4+ Host Port eliminates that limitation by accommodating several Class-Compliant USB MIDI devices at the same time.
iConnectivity’s iConfig software for iOS, MAC, PC (included) offers complete control over iConnectAUDIO4+’s I/O, providing direct control over audio and MIDI routing. Snapshots are then stored in flash memory on the device.
- Multi-Host & Host Port – use 2 computer devices (Mac/PC/iOS) at the same time. Or use 1 computing device with several and/or MIDI peripherals (with Class-compliant devices connected to a powered USB hub.)
- Audio and MIDI passThru™ routes audio digitally between two computing devices.
- 4 XLR – ¼” TRS combo analog inputs.
- 4 ¼” TRS balanced analog outputs.
- 1 X 1 regular MIDI in/out.
- iConfig software (Mac, Windows, iOS) makes it simple to set up filtering/routing/merging scenes – which are also stored in flash memory on the device.
- High-resolution audio – up to 24-bit/96kHz AD/DA conversion.
- USB audio and MIDI Class-Compliant for easy, plug-and-play set-up.
- Charges an iOS device.
iConnectAUDIO4+ is expected to be available at iConnectivity resellers worldwide mid-2014. Its MSRP and projected street price are TBD.