iConnectivity has announced the release of iConnectAUDIO4+, its next-generation audio and MIDI interface for Mac, PC and iOS.
iConnectAUDIO4+ is a multi-host audio and MIDI interface for MAC, PC, and iOS that enables new possibilities in creative workflow by combining several of iConnectivity’s innovative technologies in a uniquely flexible device.
iConnectAUDIO4+’s Multi-Host technology supports multiple audio and MIDI peripherals, and also multiple computing devices, all at once. iConnectAUDIO4+ can do the job of multiple interfaces and numerous cables. Any combination of up to 2 Mac, PC, and iOS devices as well as up to 9 connected MIDI peripherals can share iConnectAUDIO4+’s high quality audio inputs, outputs and MIDI I/O.
iConnectivity’s multi-host and Audio and MIDI passThru™ technologies bridge iOS; Macs and PCs in a professional environment, with many practical applications. Control a virtual instrument (or any music program) on one computer device from another one. Audio and MIDI flow back and forth without extra cables, and with no audio degradation. All the computer devices act like a single integrated machine.
The Host Port is another unique technology. Many peripherals use USB for MIDI I/O, but an iOS device can only access one of them with its single port. The iConnnectAUDIO4+ Host Port eliminates that limitation, enabling users to connect up to 8 Class-Compliant USB MIDI devices at the same time by using a standard USB powered hub.
On the stage, iConnectAUDIO4+ can also operate stand-alone without a computer. It mixes/merges audio, and hosts sophisticated MIDI routing and processing set-ups (both 5-pin and USB).
iConnectivity’s iConfig software for iOS, MAC, PC (included) offers complete control over iConnectAUDIO4+’s I/O, providing direct control over audio and MIDI routing. Snapshots are then stored in flash memory on the device.
- Multi-host Device ports – use 2 computer devices (Mac/PC/iOS) at the same time.
- Host port for connecting up to 8 MIDI peripherals (with Class-compliant devices connected to a powered hub).
- Audio and MIDI passThru routes audio digitally between two computing devices.
- Standalone computer-less operation – mix/merge audio and host 5 pin DIN + USB class compliant MIDI.
- 4 XLR – ¼” TRS combo analog inputs.
- 4 Premium microphone preamplifiers with 48v phantom power.
- 4 ¼” TRS balanced analog outputs.
- ¼” Headphone output with independent mix.
- 1 X 1 regular 5 pin DIN MIDI in/out.
- 29 routable MIDI ports: Mac, PC, iOS, 5 pin MIDI DIN and class compliant USB MIDI devices.
- Comprehensive audio mixing and routing between connected USB computing devices and analog outputs.
- iConfig software (Mac, Windows, iOS) makes it simple to set up filtering/routing/merging scenes – which are also stored in flash memory on the device.
- High-resolution audio – up to 24-bit/96kHz AD/DA conversion.
- Capacitive touch user controls.
- Charges an iOS device.
iConnectAUDIO4+ is available for purchase for MSRP $349.99 USD.