IK Multimedia has announced the Hammond B-3X tonewheel organ virtual instrument.
Created in close collaboration with Hammond USA and Suzuki Music Corp. of Japan, along with top Hammond artists, it meticulously recreates the sound, controls and entire effects signal path of the legendary Hammond B-3.
This comprehensive approach offers a level of realism and detail that will satisfy most the discriminating B-3 fans while also offering an affordable introduction to the unique world of tonewheel organs that can be enjoyed by all levels of players.
IK’s industry-leading modelling techniques were employed to deliver fine details and nuances that passed the discerning ears of the Hammond Organ Company in Chicago. In addition to its authentic organ sound, this new instrument offers a full-rig chain including stomp effects, an extended version of IK’s Leslie® Collection with a rotary cabinet with mix-and-match amp and cabinet models plus four microphones, a parallel guitar amp with 4×12 cabinet, a mixer and three studio post effects.
Available for Mac/PC as a stand-alone application and as a virtual instrument plug-in, the Hammond B-3X offers plug and play convenience for both recording and performing.
Hammond USA Executive Vice President Peter Nguyen shared,
“We’re excited about the very first official Hammond/Leslie Virtual Instrument, and the partnership with IK Multimedia which made it happen. The teams certainly captured the qualities that have made the Hammond Organ an essential part of music for the past 85 years.”
Hammond B-3X features
- The first official Hammond B-3 virtual instrument, designed in cooperation with Hammond Organ Company.
- Advanced organ editing: tonewheel model selection, generator leakage, key click, tonal balance, percussion and chorus.
- 24 custom drawbar settings available within each preset.
- Official Leslie speaker with 7 amps and 5 cabinets to mix and match.
- Parallel guitar amp section with 2 amp models and 4×12 cabinet.
- 5-effect stompbox pedalboard for ultra-flexible tonal shaping.
- 3-effect studio post FX section for final polish and mastering.
- Zoomed-in controls view for live or session use .
- MIDI program change preset assignments.
- Assignable MIDI continuous controllers for use with external controllers.
- Works as a multi-platform plug-in and as a standalone application.
- Supported plug-in formats: AAX, VST 3, and Audio Units.
Hammond B-3X is available for a special introductory price of 199.99 USD/EUR (regular pricing will be 299.99 USD/EUR).
IK customers with qualifying registered products with a retail value of 99.99 USD/EUR or more will be eligible for special introductory crossgrade pricing of 149.99 USD/EUR (regular crossgrade pricing will be 199.99 USD/EUR). All prices excluding taxes.
More information: IK Multimedia