IK Multimedia has announced the release of SampleTron 2 for iPad, combining the powerful sound engine of award-winning SampleTank with IK’s industry-leading tape modeling technology to recreate the distinctive, ultra-vibey sounds of tape-based samplers from the ’60s and ’70s, along with quirky early digital sample players and vocoders.
Ready for iOS 15 and designed to fit the form factor of the iPad screen, this comprehensive collection offers immediate support for all iPad model sizes and AU Host apps. The UI design is based on the desktop counterpart with a user-friendly approach that’s custom-tailored for mobile music production and performance on the iPad.
SampleTron 2 for iPad features
- 2.5GB virtual instrument collection of sought-after vintage and tape-based samplers.
- Over 400 tracks sampled from vintage Mellotrons, Chamberlins, Optigans and more.
- Each preset can load 3 tracks to split, layer and solo from over 400 available.
- Features 11 modern non-Tron and vintage digital sample-based instruments.
- Import Sample function creates user Tron sounds with IK’s tape modeling DSP.
- Includes the full content of IK’s original SampleTron updated for legacy users.
- 11 selectable effects with Channel Strip, Tape Echo, Multimod and new Vintage Plate.
- Assignable MIDI continuous controllers for use with external controllers.
SampleTron 2 for iPad works as a standalone app or as an AUv3 instrument plugin for use with popular AU host apps such as GarageBand, Cubasis, AUM, Beatmaker, Auria and more.
The app is now available on the App Store for a limited-time introductory price of $69.99 USD (regular price will be $99.99 USD).
More information: IK Multimedia