IK Multimedia has announced the release of AmpliTube Brian May, a new virtual effect rig for Windows, Mac and iOS featuring precise models of the exact live and studio gear used by the legendary guitarist from the iconic band Queen, all recreated in collaboration with Brian May himself.
AmpliTube Brian May offers up to 11 new models including 2 amps, 3 cabinets, and up to 6 stompbox effects.
From Brian’s treble booster to his three-amp live setup and carefully curated effects selection, guitarists can enjoy new amp, cab and stompbox models in a convenient package, along with presets covering his celebrated discography. Each model was created with the supervision of Brian May and his long-time technical team, to carefully replicate his rig.
A key element of Brian’s distinct sound comes from his Red Special guitar that, famously, he hand built with his father in the 1960s from spare parts and household materials. Because the guitar is such an integral part of his rig, IK’s engineers went the extra mile to even create a new stompbox effect that helps simulate the Red Special’s tone and controls. This offers guitarists a more authentic musical experience that pays homage to this living legend.
AmpliTube Brian May features
- Industry-standard sound with DSM™ (Dynamic Saturation Modeling) and VRM™ (Volumetric Response Modeling) technologies offer the most realistic emulation of real world gear and the best sounding models.
- Perfect as a plug-in for studio recording and mixing in any Mac/Win DAW, native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems.
- Also perfect for live performance thanks to the standalone version with instant preset switching.
- Highest supported Sampling Rate: 96 kHz.
- DAW automation and BPM synchronization.
- 5 separate modules.
- Rig of up to 12 stomps, 2 Amp heads + 2 Cabs + 2 x double mics and 8 rack effects can be configured in up to 8 serial/parallel configurations.
- Two movable microphones allow you to mic the cabinet exactly like in real world studio and live environment.
- Stereo signal path makes it suitable for any type of instrument including drums, keyboards, vocals and more.
- Perfect integration with IK’s range of audio interfaces and floor controllers allows for instant recording and performing in the studio or on stage with full programming at the software level.
- 2-track built-in multitrack recorder with DAW-like features enables you to quickly capture ideas or even record a small band in the standalone application without the need to open a DAW and with the convenience of AmpliTube superior quality audio processing.
- Imports any Wav, Aiff, sd2, Apple Caf, Flac, MP3 audio file (Standalone version).
- SpeedTrainer for speeding up/slowing down imported tracks without affecting the pitch – the perfect tool for practicing and improving your instrument skills or learning your favorite riffs and solos (standalone version).
AmpliTube Brian May runs inside AmpliTube Custom Shop, a free download available to all. The new models are available now for purchase as a bundle from the Custom Shop, the IK Multimedia online store and from IK authorized dealers worldwide for 99.99 USD/EUR (excl. taxes).
No previous purchase of AmpliTube is required. The new models will show up as an optional purchase for existing users of AmpliTube 4 upon updating to the latest version.
The Brian May Collection (iPhone and iPad) is available via in-app purchase from within AmpliTube CS for iPhone or iPad, for $19.99 USD. Individual models may also be purchased a la carte (Stomp FX – $3.99 USD each; amps – $6.99 USD each). All models are also part of IK’s All-In Bundle 2019 collection, which is available for in-app purchase.
More information: IK Multimedia