Ilya Efimov has released Irish Wind Low Whistle, a whistle instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Our library is a new generation of Irish Low Whistle with incredible playability and realism. Low Whistle was created with legato techniques.
The low whistle, or concert whistle, is a variation of the traditional tin whistle/pennywhistle, distinguished by its lower pitch and larger size. It is increasingly accepted as a feature of Irish traditional music. In both kinds of music the low whistle is often used for the playing of airs and slow melodies due to its haunting sound. However, it is also becoming used more often for the playing of Irish jigs, reels and hornpipes, it being easier to produce some ornametations on the whistle, due to the size of the finger holes. The most common low whistle is the “Low D”.
Irish Wind Low Whistle features
- 1 GB ncw compressed format.
- 1,176 samples, 44.1 kHz/24-bit, stereo.
- 2 natural legato types: normal and glissando.
- 9 different articulations.
- Realistic dynamic from p to f.
- Two vibrato types.
- Control of realistic vibrato and frullato.
- Reassignable keyswitches and midi-controllers.
- 3 modes of legato performance.
- Repetition key.
- Attack mode.
- 6 round-robin for staccato.
The Low Whistle library is available for 49 EUR.