Image-Line has released FL Studio 12.4, the latest version of the music production software for Windows.
The update introduces the new Transistor Bass bassline synthesizer instrument.
Transistor Bass is a subtractive synthesizer in the style of the legendary Roland TB303™ Bassline synthesizer, but also enhances the concept by offering a number of tweaks not found in the original hardware, together with a guitar distortion, FX and a modern sequencer. Plus, fast editing your bassline sequences.
The Transistor Bass plugin is on sale for $49 USD. All purchases between now and December 1st, 2016, go into the draw to win a real Roland TB-303 ($2,500 USD) and a modded Cyclone TT-303 ($500 USD).
Changes in FL Studio 12.4
- New Plugins
- Transistor Bass – Advanced emulation of the legendary Roland TB303™ Bassline synthesizer.
- FL Studio Mobile – Companion to the Android, iOS and Windows App. Bring mobile projects into FL Studio and take them to the next level.
- Updated Plugins
- FPC – Vectorial UI. Expandable.
- Harmless – Vectorial UI.
- Newtone – Added buttons for pitch and warp modes. Option to include region markers when saving a sample from Pitch Correction mode.
- Ogun – Vectorial UI.
- Parametric EQ 2 – Vectorial UI. Fully resizable.
- Patcher – 37 new presets by Youlean.
- Razer Chroma – Support for Naga Chroma Mouse.
- Slicex – Vectorial UI.
- Vocodex – Vectorial UI.
- ZGameEditor Visualizer – Use videos as internal controllers. 4 new presets. Use FL Studio Windows as video input. Supports H.264 video export (mp4). Drag-and-drop to re-arrange layers.
- FL Studio Features
- Extended colors – FL Studio now allows selection of fully saturated colors from all color dialogs.
- Custom mapping formulas – Edit the Formulas.txt file ..SystemConfigMapping.
- Browser – Restored option to Open samples in Fruity Slicer.
- Mixer – Menu > View > “Alternative mixer highlighting” option to work with the new very bright or dark colors.
- Dashboard – Can now be resized from the window border.
- Plugin Manager – Window can now be set to remain on top of other windows.
- Command-line rendering – /R[filename] myproject.flp, use /E[extensions] to specify format (E.g: “/Emp3,ogg,wav”).
- Loop recording – Significantly improved. Video Tutorial.
- Maschine Jam support – Added undo/redo, step seq mode and swing jogwheel mode.
- Views – Custom layout is now remembered even when selecting other layout.
- Input quantization – Added new recording quantize options (right-click the Record button).
- Wrapper – Threaded processing is now on by default.
FL Studio is available for purchase starting at $99 USD. FL Studio includes lifetime free updates.
More information: Image-Line