Image-Line has released version 1.0.5 of Ogun, a VST instrument for Windows and Mac.
Ogun can produce exceptionally rich metallic and shimmering timbres, although it’s not limited to this genre. Ogun’s distinctive synthesis engine can generate more than 32,000 harmonics, modulated by high-level ‘harmonic mapping’ functions, that hand tonal control directly to the user.
Changes in Ogun v1.0.5
- fixed a small bug with unison
- updated envelopes
Image-Line has also released a beta version (for Image-Line customers) of Gross Beat, a time manipulation effect designed for repetition and scratching effects.
Gross beat is perfect for real-time or rendered gating, glitch, repeat, scratching and stutter performances. Gross Beat stores audio in a 2-bar rolling buffer under the control of 36 user definable time and volume envelopes, giving you unlimited creative control.
Gross Beat features
- Powerful MIDI controlled envelopes.
- 2 bar audio buffer.
- Real time effect, perfect for live performance.
- 36 volume/gating envelopes with user-controlled smoothing.
- Linked or independent volume & gating slot operation.
- A large number of creative presets ready to go.
The Gross Beat public beta will expire on December 19th. The final version will be $99 USD but you can get it free with any purchase of $99 and more until the end of the year.
Visit Image-Line for more information.