Impact Soundworks has announced the release of Bansuri, a new Ventus Ethnic Winds series Kontakt instrument, featuring a gorgeous solo flute from India sampled in stunning depth, complete with 14 techniques and nearly 350 phrases.
We are pleased to introduce the Ventus Series Bansuri, the third instrument in our series of deep-sampled solo woodwinds from around the world. A truly expressive and haunting sound, this transverse flute has been one of our most popular sample library requests, and we couldn’t be happier with the sound!
The bansuri has a long history in North Indian and Hindustani classical music, and has been referenced in ancient paintings, texts, and legends. It’s capable of breathtaking expression and ornamentation, which we sought to capture in over 4,500+ recordings (nearly 350 phrases too.)
The instrument includes all features of our Ventus Engine, such as Total Articulation Control Technology for custom mapping, easy performance of ornaments, mic mixing, and editable phrases. We even added a bonus drone patch using our venerable Sitar Nation library!
Ventus Series Bansuri features
- Over 4,500 24-bit samples recorded through warm ribbon & room mics.
- 7 types of sustain articulations.
- True legato and portamento, tweakable settings.
- 3 different release ornaments.
- Staccato, bends, vibrato.
- Nearly 350 phrases. multiple lengths & styles.
- Phrases also provided as WAV.
- Bonus tambura and sitar drones patch.
- Beautiful unified VENTUS interface.
- Dozens of under-the-hood tweaking controls.
- Ornament system for effortless authentic performances.
- Phrase playback editor.
- Easy FX rack with analog-modeled EQ, compressor, delay & reverb.
- TACT – Total Articulation Control Technology for easy customization of all playing techniques.
Ventus Series Bansuri for Kontakt 5.5 or higher (full version) is available for purchase for $99 USD. Owners of other Ventus instruments can crossgrade from their deals page.