In Session Audio has announced the release of Fruit Shake, a Kontakt Player instrument library featuring four fruit-shaped shakers and one carrot in an easy-to-use interface based on the Shimmer Shake Strike percussion engine.
Traditional “sampling” of instruments is rather straightforward: record the instrument being played from soft to hard. But for tambourines and shakers, that approach will never come close to reproducing a life-like sound.
Instead, we recorded percussion performances, harvesting samples of forward and backward thrusts, accents, twists, and variations of the important “in-between” sounds that glue everything together. Using this approach, each shaker pulls from 130 samples across 13 articulation types.
But more importantly: when using Fruit Shake or Shimmer Shake Strike, samples from the performances reconnect to fit your track, retaining the nuance and variation of the player.
Fruit Shake features
- 130 samples, 13 articulation types.
- Includes 8 patterns per patch, and 2-64 steps per pattern.
- Rolls and one-shots available for every shaker.
- Simple to use, the engine allows you to have different patterns for different parts of your song, all switchable from either your MIDI keyboard or the user interface.
- Single instruments can also be triggered at any time (most appropriate for ending patterns or occasional hits) as well as rolls.
- NKS-ready, allowing for seamless interaction with Komplete Kontrol and Maschine hardware.
The Fruit Shake instrument for Kontakt Player is a free download through Wednesday, November 21st, 2018.
More information: In Session Audio