Inear Display has launched its new drone synthesizer plugin Lancinantes.
The software synth plugin has no no amplitude control envelope, allowing its oscillators to run freely, generating a constant sound.
Three special additive oscillators are layered, allowing the creation of chords that can be conformed to a melodic scale.
The oscillators are built around harmonic combinations where each partial has a random amplitude modulation applied to create perpetual subtle variations. New sets of harmonics can manually be regenerated at will.
A mixer section allows you to adjust individual oscillators levels as well as the amplitudes of a sub oscillator and a white noise generator. The mixer output then goes through a resonant filter, an overdrive, a delay, and a reverb to further shape the sound.
Most of the settings can be set to random values thanks to a versatile randomizer section.
Of course, the real fun starts when you automate the controls and run Lancinantes through your favorite effects…
- Continuous Sound Output.
- Additive Oscillators based on Random Modulations of the Harmonics.
- 3 Oscillator Layers to create Chords.
- Up to 32 Harmonics per Layer.
- Sub Oscillator.
- White Noise Generator.
- Mixer to Combine the Sound Generators.
- Resonant Lowpass/Highpass Filter.
- Delay with Feedback Damping.
- Optional MIDI Key Tracking.
- Quantize the Notes to Melodic Scales.
- Scale Root Note Setting.
- 13 Melodic Scales.
- Extensive Randomization Options : Notes, Mixer, Filter, Harmonics, All.
- Graphical Plot of the Oscillators Harmonics.
- 11 Factory Presets.
- Scalable User Interface.
- Cross-Platform presets.
Lancinantes is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU), at the intro price of 20 EUR until November 21st, 2018 (regular 39 EUR). Prices ex. VAT.
More information: Inear Display