Waves Audio has announced that its is now shipping its 16-in/12-out SoundGrid stagebox with Waves Signature Preamps. The IONIC 16 delivers superb sound quality, with uncompromising punch and clarity in any live sound scenario.
Built for excellence, IONIC 16 is designed to elevate your sound and complement the already exceptional sonic performance of the Waves eMotion LV1 live mixer.
At the heart of IONIC 16’s pristine sound and unmatched performance are Waves Signature Preamps—newly designed with fully discrete high-end analog circuits, delivering maximum headroom, lightning-fast transient response, and an incredibly low noise floor. Able to handle any signal you throw at them with full confidence, these preamps feature a gain structure meticulously designed to deliver a wide dynamic range and handle bigger signals, with practically no restraints. The result is plenty of headroom, transients that do not clip, and an extremely low noise floor—for an incredibly clean, punchy sound.
Waves Signature Preamps deliver timeless analog warmth – a rich, full-bodied sound usually found only in high-end mixing consoles, without compromising any of the punch or clarity, using its analog modeled HMX harmonic enhancer. The harmonic enhancer can also be turned on or off per input, with ‘off’ providing a more neutral sound.
IONIC 16 features
- 16 in / 12 out SoundGrid stagebox with superior audio quality.
- 16 mic / line inputs with original-design Waves Signature Preamps.
- Stereo AES input/output.
- Analog-modeled harmonic enhancement per input (optional).
- Analog input impedance selector: classic 2kΩ / modern 7kΩ .
- Seamless integration with the eMotion LV1 live mixer.
- 12 crystal clear line outputs (selectable between 18/24 dBu).
- 2 independent, powerful headphone outputs.
- Sample Rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96 kHz .
- Road-ready 2U chassis: rugged build, rack-mountable.
The IONIC 16 is available for purchase for $4,699 USD.
More information: Waves Audio / IONIC 16