iZotope has released RX Post Production Suite 3, including two brand-new product updates, RX 7 Advanced and Insight 2, as well as Neutron 2 Advanced, RX Loudness Control, and bonus content from Pro Sound Effects and Groove3.
This refreshed collection provides solutions across the full spectrum of audio post production, from dialogue editing to mixing to delivery for film, TV, and other new media.
RX 7 Advanced
The seventh generation of RX Advanced, iZotope’s industry standard audio repair and editing suite, builds on years of extensive research in digital signal processing and machine learning.
This update supplies the audio post community with deeper control over dialogue and speedy workflow enhancements.
- Dialogue Contour – reshape the intonation of dialogue to rescue or improve a performance, powered by pitch correction that is tailored to speech and designed to adjust the inflection of words within a phrase.
- Dialogue De-reverb – reduce or remove unwanted reverb from dialogue clips using an algorithm trained with machine learning and optimized to separate spoken dialogue from reverberant signal content.
- Pro Tools AudioSuite plug-ins – save time when fixing production audio by staying within Pro Tools and using new AudioSuite plug-ins to access features like De-Rustle and Dialogue Isolate.
- Multi-channel support – tackle audio issues that appear in any or every surround channel effortlessly up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2.
In the time since iZotope’s audio metering and analysis plug-in, Insight, first launched, surround sound has prompted new channel standards for film and TV, broadcast loudness targets have changed, and entirely new systems of measuring audio have been developed.
Insight 2 has been completely overhauled to provide thoroughly modern metering.
- New Intelligibility Meter – get a clearer picture of how an audience will experience the dialogue—powerful DSP measures the intelligibility of dialogue compared to the rest of the mix to ensure that the dialogue level can be clearly heard in different listening environments.
- A new look – resize and customize the new user interface, redesigned to be easier to read at a glance.
- Multichannel support – analyze audio in surround sound up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2.
- Global loudness standard support – set loudness targets for latest standards including EBU R128, BS.1770-1, BS.1770-2/3/4, ATSC A/85, and OP-59.
“As the industry shifts towards digital, streaming platforms, we hear loud and clear how audio post deadlines are even shorter and turnarounds are even faster,” comments Gerry Caron, iZotope’s Chief Product Officer.
“Our focus is to innovate in ways that relieve that pressure—designing features that make the impossible possible and minimize the mundane aspects of the job. When we free up time for creative people to focus more fully on the creative aspects of their work, we know we’ve done our job.”
RX Post Production Suite 3, RX 7 Advanced, and Insight 2 are now available now at the iZotope website and select retailers.
The new products are on sale through October 31st, 2018. Owners of previous versions of RX, Insight, and RX Post Production Suite can upgrade at a discount.
More information: iZotope