J1000 has announced the release of DQ65, a free dynamic equalizer effect plug-in for Windows.
Standard parametric equalizers have three parameters – central frequency, Q factor and gain amount. After you set them filter works statically independent of incoming signal.
DQ65 alters the gain dynamically with two parameters: one gain for high amplitude, other for low. Frequency and Q factor don’t change – they operate the same as in standard EQ.
This plugin is designed primarily for track equalization, especially for instruments with wide and varying dynamic range.
- 5 peak minimum-phase stereo filters.
- Two gain controls per filter, for high and low amplitudes.
- Scalable envelope follower that determines high/low blending.
- Low and high-cut filters with two slopes (1st/2nd order for LCF, 2nd/3rd for HCF filter).
- Band-pass monitoring for each peak filter.
- 32-bit internal precision with zero latency and low CPU consumption.
The DQ65 is available for download for Windows (32-bit VST).
More information: J1000