J1000 has announced the release of MCS6, an advanced freeware plugin that offers multi-band compression and saturation.
MCS6 is a highly versatile audio processor. It is designed for users who already have decent knowledge about compression and saturation. If you are still getting accustomed with them it’s better that you avoid relatively complex processing, because you can easily degrade sound quality instead of improve it.
That being said, if you know what you’re doing and hear differences between dry and wet sound (including unwanted side effects), MCS6 can be very helpful and powerful audio tool, both for full mixes and individual tracks.
- Six serial stages for compression and saturation.
- Full range, low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and notch filtering.
- PeakScope display showing I/O peaks and gain reduction.
- Smooth compression envelope with automatic soft-knee response curve.
- Subtle biased (asymmetric) saturation dependent on compression.
- Stereo width and gain control for each stage.
- Main pair of low-cut and high-cut filters with adjustable resonance.
MCS6 is available as a free 32-bit VST plugin for Windows.
More information: J1000