Joey Sturgis Tones has released Finality, a versatile limiter effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
Commented Sturgis: “I’ve needed a tool like Finality, that’s why I designed it. As I tested it more and more, I realized other people would need this too. So I decided to make it available to everyone as an audio plugin for all popular recording programs and operating systems. I’m very excited to share this limiter with the audio community because it was a blast to create and sounds great!”
Finality is a limiter designed from the ground up to be both powerful and versatile. Whether the source is very dynamic like drums and vocals, or more flat like distorted rhythm guitars and synth, Finality can be dialed to masterfully control peak and level dynamics in a mix. Features like hard and soft modes, color, look ahead and more make Finality an all-around solution for handling vocals, guitars, drums and mixing materials with ease.
- Hard and soft modes will change the character of the transients.
- Aggro can alter the release envelope to be more favorable to drums.
- Need a little edge? The color button can add helpful saturation to a signal.
- There’s even a mix control to allow for parallel processing.
- Anticipate and handle any unruly peaks with look ahead.
- Utilize the sidechain to optimally react to low-end material.
- Auto gain automatically sets the make-up gain and can be switched off.
Finality (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available for purchase in both ‘Advanced’ and ‘Lite’ versions, priced at $89 USD and $59 USD.