Karma-Lab has announced the release of version 3.2 of KARMA Motif, a major update that adds support for the Yamaha S70 XS and S90 XS.
KARMA Motif brings developer Stephen Kay’s award-winning and patented KARMA algorithmic music technology to a number of Yamaha synthesizers in a Mac/PC software package, giving them extensive new interactive groove generation, arpeggiation and arranger-like capabilities.
The software includes the ability to use the keyboard’s DAW Remote Mode to control all of KARMA’s functions directly from the keyboard, while KARMA sends parameter information and values directly to the keyboard’s display (on supported models). This allows you to control KARMA from the keyboard without looking at the computer, and makes it feel like the KARMA software is built-in to the keyboard.
Changes in KARMA Motif Software v3.2
- Supports 6 Yamaha instruments: adds support for the S70/S90 XS to the already supported Motif XF, Motif XS, MOXF, MOX and Rack-XS.
- Supports Mac OSX 10.4.11 through 10.10 Yosemite, Universal.
- Supports Windows XP through Windows 8.1, 32 and 64-bit.
- New “Auto-Fill” feature – automatically trigger a fill with each scene change.
- New keyboard shortcuts for Scene Advance (Next, Previous, Startup).
- New menu command and keyboard shortcut for Clear Solos.
- Updated and revised Tutorials and Help File.
- Other new features, enhancements, and improvements.
KARMA Motif is available for purchase for $199 USD. The update is free for any current owners.