Karoryfer Samples has announced the release of its new Sforzando powered instrument Vengeful Viola, a viola library with plenty of articulations, including some weird and noisy ones, and the ability to layer them with each other.
Violas are supposed to be warm, friendly and docile. This one isn’t. There are noises like bowing the body, screeching unclean harmonics, very bright sul ponticello… And also phat sustains and sul tasto sustain and staccato, to balance things out.
Layering multiple articulations and creating emulated small sections by using unison mode are included, of course.
Vengeful Viola features
- 23 articulations ranging from regular sustains to unclean harmonics and spectral scrubs.
- Polyphonic and legato modes for every articulations.
- Layering patches with hundreds of possible articulation combinations.
- Controllable vibrato with humanization.
- Very close-miked, dry recordings.
- Over 2,000 WAV samples.
- 24-bits, 44.1 kHz sample rate.
The library is on sale for the intro price of $19 USD until December 15th, 2020. The regular price is $59 USD.
More information: Karoryfer Samples