Tone Projects has announced an update to the Kelvin plugin, an audio effect which combines flexible dual-stage saturation with powerful push/pull equalization in an inspiring new way to shape sounds.
Version 1.5 brings various new features to the plugin that comes with detailed saturation models, mastering-grade performance, and vast sonic possibilities with just a few parameters.
Pick your favourite combination from several transformer, tube, and diode circuits to bring tracks to life with rich harmonic coloration and warm saturation, or get creative with frequency specific distortion and beautiful analog-style tone sculpting.
Changes in Kelvin v1.5
- Added Parallel and Mid/Side modes with blend control.
- Each shaping filter can now be assigned to a single stage or mid/side channel.
- 2 new models: “Hot Iron” transformer and “Vintage” tube preamp.
- More Spread options allowing finer control.
- Increased frequency ranges for shaping filters.
- Pre/Post sliders can now be linked by holding Shift.
- New presets.
- Minor fixes and improvements.
Available for Windows and Mac in VST3, AU and AAX plugin formats, Kelvin is priced $99 USD. The update is free for existing Kelvin owners.
More information: Tone Projects