Kenton has announced the release of THRU-25, a MIDI device that allows up to 25 MIDI devices to be connected to one MIDI output port.
As implied by name, the THRU-25 boasts no fewer than 25 sequentially-numbered MIDI Thru ports, each with separate drive circuits for optimum performance, plus one opto-coupled MIDI IN (MIDI input) port — and all with an impressive latency of less than one microsecond!
Active circuitry helps restore the quality of signals received at that MIDI input as they may have become degraded by losses incurred in the MIDI cable connecting the keyboard, computer, or other ‘master’ MIDI device to the THRU-25.
In use, up to 25 ‘slave’ MIDI devices can be conveniently controlled by simply connecting them to those multiple MIDI Thru ports — one MIDI device per port.
- 1 MIDI In & 25 MIDI Thrus.
- Works for ALL MIDI messages including Clock, SysEx, MTC etc.
- Includes schmitt trigger logic for signal quality restoration.
- Less than one microsecond latency.
- DC power input jack 2.1mm (centre +ve).
- Power/Data indicator light.
- Housed in a metal box so it can withstand the knocks.
- Attractively finished in brushed aluminium with black screen print.
THRU-25 is available for purchase for £154.70 GBP (incl. VAT).