kiloHearts has announced the release of a new Gate snapin, a gate effect for Multipass, Snap Heap, and VST/AU.
Not all sound is created alike, and sometimes you want to just leave it at the Gate. Quickly cut out low hum and noise from the signal, cut reverb tails short or exaggerate the dynamics in a beat. The possibilities are… maybe not endless, but should cover your gating needs!
kHs Gate has simple but powerful controls for tuning in the desired effect, and can easily be driven by an external sidechain signal. The gate can also be flipped around to make a signal duck under another.
The Gate snapin is available for purchase for 17 EUR. It is also included in the “The Works” bundle, priced at 279 EUR.
kiloHearts has also released some updates.
Changes in kiloHearts plugins
- Pitch tracking: Multipass and Snap Heap can now track the pitch of the input and use this as a modulation source.
- Multiple outputs in Multipass:”Multipass is now able to output its frequency bands to external processing through additional AUX outputs.
- Performance optimizations: Almost all plugins have gotten a performance overhaul, making everything a lot faster.
- New look of Compressor & Limiter meters: Improved VU meters in the Compressor and Limiter plugins.
- Proper Bitcrush mix knob: The Mix knob now does full dry/wet mixing of the effect. The previous knob (only affecting bit quantization) is renamed Quantize.
- Fixed a problem in Tape Stop where it would generate unnecessary clicks and pops.
- Moved modulation selection tabs to the top in Multipass, to make room for more tabs.
- Worked around a problem with Garageband & sandboxing causing our plugins not to load properly.
- Made numeric entry skip non-numeric leading characters when entering text.
- Adjusted the range of the threshold pickers for trigger threshold of LFO and Envelope in Multipass and Snap Heap.
- Fixed a bug in Multipass and Snap Heap where it was possible to rebind the static MIDI bindings (Note, Velocity and Aftertouch).
More information: Kilohearts