Kong Audio has announced the release of ChineeGuQin, a sample-based GuQin (zither) instrument plug-in for Windows.
With true knowledge of the Chinese instrument, Kong Audio planned GuQin from the ground up. By intertwining the detailed sampling and the tailored Intelligent Legato mode, GuQin is brought back to life in its authenticity. As can be heard from the audio demo, ChineeGuQin captures not only the sound, but also the “silence” (string-sliding), and this “silence” is an integral part to GuQin music.
Also new is the real-time subset browser which greatly helps the user to see which subset is active in the current patch according to the incoming notes. By default ChineeGuQin is in the legato mode. It can be switched to polyphony mode using the Sustain Pedal, giving the musician an easy switch of the playing style. When in the polyphony mode, the playing style is usually played in two sections.
- 425 MB meticulously crafted sample sets.
- Windows XP/VISTA. 512mb RAM. NO 64-bit HOST support (Still can be used in 32-bit hosts under 64-bit Windows OS).
- Works in 32-bit VSTi compatible hosts.
- All samples are recorded in 1-bit/2.8 MHz
Kong Audio has also announced a number of time-limited Holiday Special promotions.
- Instant China and Essential China plugin packs are now 50 percent off the usual price tag.
- All plugins are now $48, except for ChineeKong V2+ and the new ChineeGuQin.
- Buy 4 plugins, pick one more for free. (ChineeKong V2+ not included).
These special promotion deals are available until January 12, 2010.
More information: Kong Audio / ChineeGuQin