Korg has announced its latest volca series instrument. The Volca Nubass is a powerful bass synth with a sound source based around a vacuum tube oscillator.
The new-generation NuTube technology is implemented into the oscillator, sub oscillator and drive circuits, creating incredibly warm tones and rich distortions that only a tube can provide.
Even today, when digital technology allows electronic musical instruments to simulate any sound imaginable, people seek the warm harmonics and distortion produced by analog vacuum tubes. This distinctive sound has a quality beyond words that sets it apart, and cannot be captured by a response curve; it’s the unmistakable sound of tubes.
The volca nubass is the first analog synth to be equipped with a Nutube new-generation vacuum tube in its oscillator. Vacuum tube plus analog means that the sound is warm, thick, and rich. The familiar transistor ladder filter gives it the character of a classic bass machine, along with overdrive, and huge-sounding distortion.
An acid bass machine for a new generation combines classic sound with the power of modern synthesizer design. It’s the volca nubass.
Volca Nubass features
- A powerful sound source based around a vacuum tube oscillator.
- Equipped with a Nutube new-generation vacuum tube in the oscillator.
- A transistor ladder low-pass filter that produces a distinctive sound.
- Analog driver circuit that uses an analog circuit reminiscent of a classic stompbox.
- 16-step sequencer that lets you automate parameters.
- Motion sequence function can record knob movements.
- Three sequencer functions add transpose, accent, and slide that are distinctive for acid bass.
- Connections to sync with KORG groove machines and other gear.
The Volca Nubass is scheduled for release in August 2019, priced at $199 USD / £179 GBP.
Also introduced is the minilogue XD module, the long-awaited desktop module of Korg’s next-generation analog synthesizer.
minilogue xd module is the new desktop module version of minilogue xd, the four-voice polyphonic analog synthesizer with a customizable digital multi-engine and built-in stereo digital effects.
The desktop module is equipped with the same controllers as the keyboard version, making it a great choice not only as an additional sound module for your keyboard or DAW but also providing excellent performability, giving you an easy way to include an analog polyphonic synth in your setup. It’s also equipped with a poly-chain function that lets you connect it with another minilogue xd or minilogue xd module so that the two units can operate as a polysynth with a total of up to eight voices in your studio or on stage.
Add the sounds of the minilogue xd to your setup or system!
Minilogue XD Module features
- A desktop module equipped with the same controllers as the keyboard version.
- Equipped with an analog synthesizer circuit and a digital multi-engine.
- Distinctive sound shaping from Wave shaping, Sync, Ring and Cross modulation.
- Drive switch that adds harmonics and drives the filter harder.
- Third oscillator multi engine with three different types of sound generator.
- Open-source user oscillators infinitely expands the xd module’s potential through hybrid sound design.
- high-quality digital effects use 32-bit floating point DSP processing.
- 16 user oscillator slots and 16 user effect slots that you can customize.
- Polyphonic step sequencer provides 16 steps, and supports both realtime recording and step recording.
- Poly chain support – Use in conjunction with another unit in the minilogue xd series for poly assignment settings.
- Dedicated librarian software.
The minilogue XD module is expected in July 2019, priced at $549.99 USD.
More information: Korg