KV331 Audio has announced the release of on update to the SynthMaster software synthesizer, bringing major usability improvements and critical bug fixes as a free update for existing users.
Version 2.9.9 comes with new and updated skins, realtime visual feedback for modulation sources and targets, improved microtuning support, and much more.
After a long pause since our last update for SynthMaster in November 2018, we are finally getting this long awaited update out the door. Don’t be fooled by the small version increment though, there have been major changes under the hood! SynthMaster 2.9.9 is a precursor to what is to come in SynthMaster 3, and it is a FREE update!
Changes in SynthMaster v2.9.9
- Added a new dark skin designed by Satyatunes.
- Added extended versions of Satyatune’s White, Blue and Dark skins for showing a piano keyboard and easy knobs at the bottom of the user interface. This makes it much easier to see modulation routings for PitchBend, ModWheel, Aftertouch, Velocity, Easy Knobs and XY Pads.
- Skins can now be resized by dragging the triangle arrows at the bottom right corner of the plugin user interface (as in SM1). Each skin comes with the following sizes: 100%, 120%, 140%, 160%, 180% and 200%.
- Real-time visual feedback for modulation sources and targets. This is especially useful when designing sounds with SynthMaster. The animations can be turned on or off easily from settings tab. Modulation sources that have targets assigned are now highlighted, which also speeds up the sound design process.
- Improved support for microtuning: Comes with more than 300 scales ranging from 5 note to 12 note, in equal or alternate temperaments. Root note of the scale can be set globally.
- MIDI Learn now works for all controls, including discrete controls and modulation matrix controls.
- Added QWERTY keyboard support, which lets the user to play notes/record arp steps using a computer keyboard.
- Improved editing for Multisegment envelopes: New segments can be added with left click, existing ones can be deleted with right click. Undo and redo functions work correctly when segments are added or removed.
- LFOs are now separated as LFOs and Sequencers (4 Per Layer). Global LFOs are removed, but can still be created by setting LFO trigger type to Mono or Global.
- Glide/Step LFOs are now loaded as Sequencers. Each step now has separate initial/final level parameters. The new Gate parameters allows changing the gate time of each step in real time. In dual mode, 2 separate sequences can be created and they can be mixed with the Xfade parameter.
- Insert effects can now be created dynamically: Any effect can be instantiated multiple times on any insert fx slot.
- New Filterbank effect, which is actually 8 Ladder filters running in parallel.
- Preset Browser improvements: Instrument categories are now listed based on Native Instruments NKS standard. Favorite presets can be added/removed easily by clicking on the star icon next to the preset name. Users can upload and download presets to and from the Public User Library hosted on the cloud.
Registered users of SynthMaster can get the latest update by simply checking for the latest version inside the plugin window.
More information: SynthMaster