Novation has released version 2.0 of Launchpad for iOS, adding real-time tempo changing and Ableton Link support to the music making app.
With a brand new real-time stretch engine, you can now change tempo in real-time – without changing key. Mobile music makers can now use Launchpad for iOS as an addition to any DJ rig, live performance setup, or simply just for even more fun. The effects have been redesigned to adapt intelligently as the tempo changes, included as a free update.
The new version of Launchpad for iOS also sees the arrival of Ableton Link support, letting you jam in sync with other apps, devices and Ableton Live. Now you can sync Launchpad for iOS to your DJ sets whilst creating tempo changes throughout, adding all kinds of possibilities to your remixes and performances. The new tempo control allows you to accurately change tempo with step change by bpm, or tap tempo to find your groove.
With the addition of the new real-time stretch engine, Link integration, and powerful effects which dynamically adjust to your performance, Launchpad for iOS V2.0 is now more powerful than ever.
Changes in LaunchPad for iOS v2.0
- New real-time stretch audio engine – Change tempo while playing.
- Ableton Link support – Jam in sync with your other apps, devices or laptop.
- New tempo control – Show tempo with inc & dec, tap tempo and reset.
- Updated effects – Now adapt intelligently as the tempo changes.
- Share more easily – With ‘Open in’ to easily export your recordings.
- Various minor bugfixes and improvements.
LaunchPad for iOS 2.0 is a free update for all iPhone and iPad users; no in-app purchase required.