Waves Audio has announced the release of a new audio plugin that brings the one-of-a-kind vintage acoustics of Abbey Road’s Studio Two echo chamber.
Created in collaboration with Abbey Road Studios, Abbey Road Chambers puts you at the controls of Abbey Road’s Studio Two echo chamber, complete with Abbey Road’s innovative S.T.E.E.D setup, allowing you to create natural reverbs, mesmerizing delays and unique hybrid effects.
The Abbey Road Chambers plugin recreates a defining part of the studios’ legendary sonic signature – the echo chamber used by Abbey Road’s pop engineers to create exciting reverbs, delays and other unique spatial effects on countless classic recordings by the Beatles and beyond.
Developed together with Abbey Road Studios, Waves’ Abbey Road Chambers puts you at the controls of the Studio Two echo chamber, complete with the original valve Neumann KM53 microphones and Altec 605 speaker, as used on almost every pop recording done at Abbey Road during the 60’s.
Abbey Road Chambers also gives you an additional set of the original filters going into the chamber – EMI’s RS106 hi/low pass filter and the EMI RS127 Presence EQ – to further sculpt the perfect chamber sound.
Also featured is a complete recreation of Abbey Road Studios’ original S.T.E.E.D. (Send. Tape. Echo. Echo. Delay.) setup – a system designed to extend the chamber’s natural sonic palette into new territories, by splitting the signal and creating a feedback loop from the studio’s REDD console, through a dedicated tape delay, via RS106 and RS127 filters, and then to the chamber and back.
As a bonus, the plugin also includes two additional legendary spaces: Abbey Road’s famed Mirror Room, and the Stone Room from Olympic Studios, London.
Abbey Road Chambers features
- True-to-life capture of Abbey Road’s legendary Studio Two echo chamber.
- Created in collaboration with Abbey Road Studios.
- Shape effects from natural chamber reverb, to authentic tape delay, to complex hybrid effects.
- Complete modeling of Abbey Road’s original S.T.E.E.D. setup.
- Dedicated EMI RS106 and EMI RS127 EQs to further sculpt the chamber effect.
- Your choice of additional spaces: Abbey Road’s Mirror Room and Olympic Studios’ Stone Room.
- Choose classic or modern speakers, including Abbey Road’s original Altec 605.
- Choose vintage or modern microphones, including Abbey Road’s original Neumann KM53.
- Variable mic and speaker positions.
The Abbey Road Chambers plugin is on sale for the intro price of $29 USD (regular $199 USD).
More information: Waves Audio