Level 6 Productions has released a public beta of yMIDI, a full featured MIDI controller app for Windows 8.
yMIDI is a MIDI control surface that enables you to control any DAW software or hardware that implements the RTP MIDI protocol. This includes any DAW software running under OSX or software on a PC which has the rtpMIDI network stack installed.
yMIDI beta has all the same features as the original version of yMIDI plus the addition of MCU Pro compatible control surface. yMIDI beta runs on Windows 8.1 on x86 and ARM hardware.
- Standard Controls: Pitch, Mod, Volume, Pan.
- 5 Custom slider controls.
- X/Y control.
- 3 Octave keyboard control.
- 4×4 grid of touch enabled pads.
- Custom sliders, X/Y control and pads are configurable to any CC and channel.
- New: Control surface with MCU Pro emulation.
- New: Toggle mode for touch pads – Visual indicator toggles between touch events.
The app is available for purchase for $2.99 USD from the Windows Store.