Magix has announced the release of Sound Forge Pro Mac 3, the first in a series of upgrades for the entire Sound forge family of products.
SOUND FORGE Pro MAC 3 marks the beginning. Support for 64-Bit float/192kHz/32 channels high-resolution audio, sample-accurate editing, enhanced professional-level filters and processing and disc-at-once Red Book Standard audio CD authoring makes SOUND FORGE Pro MAC 3 the perfect tool for audio processing and mastering on macOS. Version 3 adds several new features including loudness metering and the iZotope Plug-ins RX Elements and Ozone 7 Elements.
A new, 64-bit version of SOUND FORGE Audio Studio follows at August 8, 2017. Top features include: Improved DSP-algorithms for native audio effects, slice-oriented edit mode providing a dynamic way to edit wave files, VST3 compatibility and enhanced accessibility.
After 4 years without a new version, SOUND FORGE Pro 12 is expected to roll out end of 2017. Teams in both Berlin, Germany and Madison, Wisconsin have set a goal to raise the bar for audio editing and mastering in version 12.
“For years, the name SOUND FORGE has defined the industry standard for top-tier professional audio recording, editing, and mastering tools,” said Gary Rebholz from the SOUND FORGE team. “But we’re not satisfied with relying on our reputation, so our teams in Berlin and Madison, now join together to renew a commitment to carry on this unparalleled legacy. Audio pros and enthusiasts alike will continue to rely on SOUND FORGE for years to come.”
Changes in Sound Forge Pro Mac 3
- iZotope RX Elements ($129 value): Imagine a stand-alone audio editor with spectral editing capabilities. Now add four additional audio-enhancing plug-ins.
- iZotope Ozone Elements ($129 value): Professionally designed presets and precise macro controls make achieving a final master with punch and clarity easy. Based on the algorithms of the iZotope Maximizer, Ozone Elements enables you to achieve a full, rich, and loud final master; radio and streaming ready.
- Expanded signal and effects processes: New processes added to the native Sound Forge arsenal of processes and effects include noise gate, reverb, simple delay, chorus, and flange.
- Automatic Loudness Leveling capabilities: Take the guess work out of finalizing AES/EBU-compliant, broadcast-ready audio master files. Automatic Loudness Leveling combined with the Loudness Meters ensure compliance with broadcast loudness regulations such as the CALM Act (Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act).
- Audio repair Improvements: Automatic clip detection quickly scans for and detects clipping. The Detect Clipping command automatically places markers at each instance of an audio clip to help you quickly locate and repair audio clippings.
- Dynamic rendering of project files: No need to render intermediary pre-masters any more. Pass multiple audio pre-masters through unique plug-in chains as they are being burned, disc-at-once, to a Redbook standard CD. A single click saves every project file, along with information about the plug-in chain and its associated audio asset.
- Mastered for iTunes auditioning: Hear exactly what your mastered-for-iTunes audio will sound like before rendering. Continue to adjust, edit and enhance while auditioning the results in real-time without rendering.
- Load the audio portions of popular video file formats: Open and edit the audio stream from a variety of popular video file formats including XAVC, XDCAM, AVCHD, and more.
Currently under development by engineering teams in the US and Germany, upgrades for the entire line slated for completion within the next 12 months.
Sound Forge Pro Mac 3 is available for purchase for 299 USD/EUR.