The latest member in the MeeBlip line of musical instrument hardware from CDM and blipsonic inc. engineer James Grahame is MeeBlip cubit, a brand new USB powered 4-port MIDI splitter device.
The first of a new generation of MeeBlip tools, cubit takes a single input, and turns it into four outputs, with minimum latency, minimum fuss, and at the lowest price possible, according to CDM’s Peter Kirn.
Our new cubit MIDI Splitter is a deceptively simple device that copies all MIDI messages received at the MIDI IN and passes them to each of the four MIDI OUT jacks. Each output is processed through an ultra-low latency active circuit.
cubit lets you share one MIDI OUT with multiple pieces of gear (no more repatching!) and easily distributes MIDI clock to your setup.
All of the jacks are on the top, so you can fit cubit into seriously small spaces. It’s powered from a computer USB port (cable included) or use the optional 5V power adapter for stand-alone use.
MeeBlip cubit features
- Passes all data from the MIDI IN to four MIDI OUT jacks.
- Ultra-low latency hardware MIDI pass-through.
- Runs on 5V Power from a computer USB port or optional USB power adapter.
- Opto-isolated MIDI IN to reduce ground loops.
- Individual active signal processing for each MIDI OUT.
- Bright green MIDI data indicator LED flashes when you’re receiving MIDI.
- Measures: 4.25″ x 3″ x 1″, weighs 92 g (3.25 oz).
- Includes 3 ft (1 m) USB cable.
- Optional 5V USB power adapter available.
- Made in Canada.
The device is available now for the intro price of $39.95 USD, including USB cable. Bundles with a USB power adapter and MIDI cables are also available.
More information: MeeBlip