Celemony has announced Melodyne 4.2, the latest version of its which introduces tighter integration with Logic Pro X 10.4.2.
With both apps using ARA technology, Melodyne can be used more seamlessly as part of the Logic workflow. Numerous other details have also been improved (also for other ARA and non-ARA DAWs), so the free update is recommended to all Melodyne 4 users.
ARA Audio Random Access allows a DAW to work with Melodyne to exchange information about the audio file, pitch, rhythm and other attributes, making the workflow feel less like a plug-in, and more like an integrated feature. With ARA in supported apps like Logic, all changes to your song structure, like moving, looping, copying or comping tracks and regions, are reflected in Melodyne. This significantly streamlines the editing and creative process for users of both products.
“Naturally we are excited to see leading apps in our industry support ARA Audio Random Access so that our users can enjoy the benefits of Melodyne integration” says Carsten Gehle, Technical Director and Co-Founder of Celemony Software GmbH. “We are delighted for Logic Pro X to join our community of supported products.”
The most important workflow advantages of running Melodyne with ARA in Logic Pro X include:
- Open tracks without transfers: Load Melodyne as an insert effect, start playback and the entire track will appear automatically in Melodyne. There is no further need for transfers.
- Melodyne follows all changes you make to the track: Melodyne compares its contents to those of the audio track and accurately replicates any lengthening, shortening or movement of regions.
- Copied, looped and aliased regions: When regions are copied, looped or aliased, the Melodyne content behaves accordingly as a real copy or as a ghost copy (loop.)
- Region-based mixing: Regions edited with Melodyne now support all the mix functions of the region inspector in Logic: gain, mute and fades.
- Takes & Quick Swipe Comping: Now you can edit takes with Melodyne before committing yourself to a choice between them, which gives you a more realistic assessment of their respective merits, leading to better results.
- Removes need for transfer files: Thanks to ARA, there is no longer the need to manage and keep transfer files, archive them or pass them on to collaborators.
The ARA integration of Melodyne and Logic requires Logic Pro X 10.4.2 and Melodyne 4.2.
More information: Celemony