Arturia has announced an upcoming firmware update for the MicroFreak, once again evolving the creative capabilities of its highly-acclaimed hybrid synthesizer.
Just when you thought you’d seen it all, MicroFreak evolves once more. The V5 firmware introduces user sample importing, a sample playback engine, 3 new granular engines, enhanced envelopes, and more – for free.
Since its release in 2019, MicroFreak has undergone transformation after transformation; new engines, a built-in vocoder mode, a collaboration with Noise Engineering, and more. Firmware V5 is the next step in MicroFreak’s journey – discover it for yourself today.
The update includes the following changes:
- Sample Import & Playback: Import your own samples, play them back, and loop them for classic sampled textures.
- Granular Engines: 3 granular engines for wild manipulation of your imported samples.
- Keyboard Random Source: You can now transform your keyboard into a S&H-style modulation source.
- Snappy Envelopes: Enjoy even shorter attack values with MicroFreak’s envelopes.
- More Presets: MicroFreak now has 512 preset slots with over 300 factory presets.
The firmware will be available from May 30th, at 5PM CET.
Additionally, Arturia has introduced the MicroFreak Stellar Limited Edition, a limited-edition synth that looks as weird and wonderful as it sounds with a slick all-black exterior, decorated with detailed space-age graphics reflecting its controls. It is available exclusively from dealers.
More information: Arturia