Mixland has announced the release of the Rubber Band Compressor, an audio plugin that is said to be the “snappiest, most-flexible VCA audio compressor ever made”.
The plugin simulates the compression effects and physical response of pushing audio signal into a theoretical rubber band, with exponential, dual-stage resistance.
The signal pushes into the rubber band and then snaps back aggressively based on the tension, timing, and amount chosen by the user. The user interface features adjustable hands that can pull the rubber band tighter or looser into 3 different tension positions, and the rubber band represents gain reduction as it swoops, wiggles, pushes, and pulls downward according to the amount of SNAP applied. The resulting sounds range from bouncy to snappy, transparent to pumpy and explosive!
Rubber Band Compressor features
- Brilliantly-satisfying rubber band physics make for a satisfying visual representation of the effects of the compression.
- Relentless VCA-style compression with ‘dual stage resistance’.
- 3 different tension modes that provide endless tonal flexibility, from clean to snappy.
- Attack and Release parameters that range from ultra-fast to super-slow.
- “Weight” circuit restores thick juicy low end.
- Front-end tone shaping with a modelled Class-A circuit crunch knob.
- “Tilt” parameter adds modeled tube EQ with gorgeous high and low shelves.
- Bypassable Auto Makeup Gain option.
- 2x and 4x oversampling.
Rubber Band Compressor for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is on sale at an introductory price of $19.99 USD for a limited time (regular $29.99 USD).
More information: Mixland