Christian Blomert, Benjamin Weiss and Pascal Kaap have released version 1.0.1 of Modstep, a music app for iPad.
Introducing Modstep, Modulation Monster and the first full-blown MIDI sequencer for the iPad. Modstep allows you to create music and jam with your iPad and your favorite IAA Apps, Mac and PC software and MIDI hardware as well as the internal drum sampler and synth. Use it as the centerpiece of your setup to create and perform music on the go, in the studio and on stage.
Changes in Modstep v1.0.1
- New features:
- Ableton Link support.
- Delete in Browser.
- Improved MIDI sync slave.
- Fixed a bug that would cause modstep to crash when deleting a Track with an IAA app.
- Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when an Autosave Session was loaded.
- Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when a New Session was created.
- Fixed a freeze that could be caused by recording Note Repeat.
- Fixed a bug that prevented saving of root notes.
- Fixed a bug that could cause modstep to show a black screen when switching to an IAA app.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent modstep from loading Sessions from the root folder.
- Fixed a bug with the IAA browser index.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when long-tapping a Session in the Browser.
- Fixed a bug that would keep Delete active although another Edit tool was selected (red frame kept on flashing).
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a MIDI Track was armed and external MIDI was recorded.
- Fixed a bug where the first loaded Synth Patch was empty/displayed no name.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent editing of velocities in the piano roll past the first pattern.
Modstep for iPad is available for purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Modstep