Monade Sounds has announced Cazius, a plugin instrument based on a Casio CZ-5000 synthesizer sound set.
The CZ-5000 is phase-distortion synthesizer released in 1985 that was used by artists from different genres such as The Orb, Jean-Michel Jarre, Moby, Cirrus, Jimi Tenor, Vince Clarke and many more.
At its core, Cazius uses a set of Casio CZ-5000 samples recorded at 24 bit, 44.1 khz (DVD audio quality). The samples have been embedded in a VST/AU plugin instrument compatible with all DAW that supports VST & AU plugins. Cazius uses the same sample library as our CZ5000FA Ableton Live Pack.
- Original Casio CZ-5000 samples.
- 36 different sounds.
- Pitch bend and range controls.
- 3 voice modes: mono, poly, legato.
- Glide control.
- LFO hardwired to pitch using a triangle as source.
- 32 bit/64 bit VST plugin for Windows.
- Universal VST/AU plugin for Mac OSX.
- Pure 80s sounds.
Cazius is available for purchase for $19 USD.