Moog has announced the Mother-32, a distinctively vintage-voiced analog performance and production synthesizer, meticulously handcrafted to inspire unique sound creation, new music and endless sonic exploration.
The Mother-32 is mounted in a black, laser-etched extruded aluminum enclosure and finished with traditional wood sidepieces. The 100% analog instrument features a comprehensive voltage-controlled sequencer and 32-point analog patchbay.
Mother-32’s semi-modular design means that no patching is required to create powerful analog sound. This allows musicians of any experience level to quickly make music. Synthesists will enjoy exploring the extensive 32-point patchbay which unlocks truly expressive, unique and complex synthesis capabilities. The patchbay provides access to a wealth of sounds and functionality including an assignable CV output jack, MIDI to CV conversion, a second voltage-controlled mixer, sync, interconnectivity and expandability.
Onboard sound sources include a powerful 10-octave analog oscillator with variable pulse width, and an all-analog white noise generator. The signals from each are blended together by a voltage-controlled mixer for dynamic sound creation and manipulation. From the mixer output, sound travels through a Moog Ladder Filter with selectable low pass and high pass filter types.
Musical creation and programming is executed via Mother-32’s comprehensive 32-step, voltage controlled sequencer or external MIDI controller. There are two sequencing styles, allowing each user to create new musical ideas with ease and familiarity. A total of 64 patterns can be stored within Mother-32’s memory bank.
Mother-32 is an expandable analog ecosystem that allows multiple units to easily be mounted and patched together for extended synthesis capabilities.
Mother 32 features
- Semi-Modular design requires no patching for swift, inspired music creation.
- Voltage Controlled 32 Step Sequencer with 64 Sequence Locations.
- Low Pass & High Pass Moog Ladder Filter (20Hz–20kHz) with voltage controlled resonance.
- External audio input for processing outside sound sources.
- Definitive Moog oscillator with Pulse and Sawtooth wave outputs.
- 5-pin MIDI input and MIDI to CV converter.
- 32 Modular Patch Points (Includes 5 patch cables).
- 2 Voltage controlled mixers.
- Superb companion to Werkstatt 01, Minitaur and other synthesizers.
- Main module can be easily transferred into a Eurorack skiff or case.
- Mount 2 or 3 units vertically with optional 2 and 3 Tier kits.
- Complete solution for new Eurorack users – no other items required.
The Mother-32 is available for purchase for $679 USD. Direct orders will ship within 10 weeks.